Cover photo for Paul Morris's Obituary
Paul Morris Profile Photo
1934 Paul 2022

Paul Morris

August 8, 1934 — May 24, 2022

North Logan

In regards to my, and my brothers’ knowledge of my Father's lineage...  we had only heard stories of how my father grew up in rural Indiana. My brothers and I were regaled with funny little stories of his life as a young man.
His story begins just outside of Indianapolis, Indiana. It wasn’t ever really clear just what his father actually did, but we know he was a hardworking man... a trait that passed on through his youngest son... our dad, Paul Isaac Morris.
Paul’s lineage has some interesting historical twists. Paul's genealogy has a rich beginning in the United States. The family line can be traced back to the first settlers in Philadelphia. One of which started the first school in America... Others included one of the first mayors of Philadelphia and the founder of the first beer brewery in America.  
According to Dad’s closest sibling, our Aunt Phyllis Dad was a spoiled little cuss, who always got his way. By the time Dad was born, both of his parents were already advancing in age. His mother Martha simply adored him, and treated him like a little prince. As a young boy, he would play upon their mother’s weakness. Aunt Phyllis told us that in order to get out of doing his chores he would hide outside... as their mother would call out his name. Eventually, her calls became more and more panicked... to the point where he would eventually come out of hiding.  In her relief, finding him safe, she had already forgotten why she had been calling for him.
Our dad was always a very intelligent man, but he would never boast about it. In high school, he didn’t want people to know that he was smart. If there were assignments in his school books, he would tear out the page, so he wouldn’t have to be seen carrying any books. Upon graduating from High School, his father was concerned about his post high school prospects. Dad seemed to be dragging his feet in terms of making his plans for the future. His choices were either college, or join the military. With the prodding of his WW1 veteran father, he ended up going to basic training in San Diego, where he passed the exam to become a Medical Corpsman. With that, he was sent to the Hospital at Camp Gifu in Japan.
Following his stint with the Navy he returned home and soon found his way to California, where he ended up working at the Mcdonald Douglas Aircraft company. With his aptitude for detailed thinking, he found himself working on various complex projects. By coincidence, Dad happened to meet a young woman at the Douglas plant. Her name was Penny. She had never met such a person, and some may have said that that theirs was an odd match. But somehow this Mormon girl and this man of the world found a profound connection. Eventually Dad joined the Church... and Penny and Paul would be married in the Los Angeles Temple.
 Penny and Paul’s life together was a wonderful union. Soon they would be surprised to find that they were about to be parents. What they did not know, was that they were about to be the parents of two baby boys. Without the benefit of ultrasound, this came as a complete surprise.  Eventually, the twins were followed by two more baby boys. They were truly blessed through these exciting years full of love and happiness... and even through some sadness.
The family prospered as it grew and the family settled in Lakewood, California and the couple was blessed again with yet another boy.  His name was Preston... our baby brother. He was a wonderful addition to our band of brothers. We all loved him so much. However, by a twist of fate, Heavenly Father had other plans for our little brother. On one particular morning, all of the boys were home with Mom. Some way or another, Preston made his way to our back yard. We had a pool out there, and somehow, he had managed to get inside the pool area. It is not difficult to image what happened next. When Pat and I had discovered the situation we called for our dear sweet mom. She was a true super hero. Without hesitation, our mother took action, running from the house to the pool. Sobbing Pat and I watched as our hero mother dove into the deep end or our pool and retrieved Preston. Our brother Paul had already called for help. We could hear the sirens blaring as Mom attempted to revive him.
In the end, it was too late, and Preston left us that day. Our family was shattered and paralyzed. We could no longer remain in our home in California. It didn’t take much time, but Dad and Mom’s brother, “Uncle Don” set out to find a place where we could start anew. The emotions were just too hard to bear.
 The two of them were convinced that a small Island in Washington State would make a wonderful transition for a new start. The small house was placed in a beautiful setting of green and beautiful seascapes. Right away Dad began formulating his plans to remodel the house with extra bedrooms, etc. Don was able to find a place just across the street. And with that both families were settled.
 Over time, the kids grew. All four boys served faithful missions. The twins, Paul and Perry both went to Italy, Pat went to Thailand, and Pete went to Japan. Both Penny and Paul were so proud of their sons. Their letters of encouragement did so much to boost the morale of their boys. In later years, Paul and Penny managed to travel with their sons and see where they had served the Lord.
Many years later Penny and Paul made their way to Utah to visit grandkids that had moved there with their families. While there, they fell in love with the wonderful atmosphere and chose to make their home here for the past fifteen years.
We will remember Paul as a wonderful father, uncle, great-grandfather... and friend to many. Paul suffered through numerous ailments throughout his life. He endured a 7 bypass, two hip replacements, two knee replacements, and 3 major strokes.
I have fought the good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith” 2nd Timothy 4: 7
 He truly fought the good fight. He was surely greeted with “Well done, thy good and faithful servant”.
Although Paul and Penny are apart for a short time longer, they look ahead for their impending reunion... and the eternities.
 Funeral services will be held at 12:00 PM on Friday, May 27, 2022 in the Bentwood Ward Chapel, 1650 East 2600 North in North Logan. No viewing will be held prior to the services.  Memories may be shared with the family at

To view the services via Zoom, please click on the following link:

To order memorial trees or send flowers to the family in memory of Paul Morris, please visit our flower store.

Service Schedule

Past Services

Bentwood Ward Chapel

Friday, May 27, 2022

12:00 - 1:00 pm (Mountain time)

Enter your phone number above to have directions sent via text. Standard text messaging rates apply.


Visits: 137

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the
Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Service map data © OpenStreetMap contributors

Send Flowers

Send Flowers

Plant A Tree

Plant A Tree